Sunday, December 30, 2007

Develop Application in Java using Netbeans 5.5.1 ?

I’ve tried using Netbeans 5.5.1 and Netbeans 6. Why still using ver. 5.5.1 if newest version is released ? As long as I know ( as I’m a Drag and Click – o-holic) , I choose 5.5.1 that ver. 6 if I need to Create (generate) automatically JSF- JPA CRUD from Database Entity / Entity Class. In ver.6, I give up to find this generator code, in this version you just can use Example Source Code that using JSF – JPA. Do you have any comments ?

In ver. 5.5.1 we should install Enterprise Development Pack to integrate Glassfish and Derby Server into Basic IDE.

Netbeans 6 is all in one pack, that’s include Glassfish and Derby Server.

But using Glassfish is absorb large resources, comparing other Application Server like Tomcat. I have started Tomcat separately ( before loading Netbeans 6 ). Then, when using Netbeans , we can feel “Light” when Run Web Project.

No comments: